Friday, September 22, 2006

Eugene or Springfield?*

It's the age old argument, Eugene vs Springfield. Since I am the blogmistress and I haven't gotten any ideas for other topics (other than one poster who suggested I poo in the change counters on toll bridges), I'm going to start this one.

I personally vote for Springfield, here's why. The other day I went to Cafe Yumm in Oakway Center for some breakfast, the huevos rancheros are the bomb. Anyway, I thought I'd swing into the Starbucks there (sorry, I like Starbucks, even though I know they are evil) a girl needs her caffeine and the pumpkin spice lattes make me happy. I walked in and I swear I've never seen so much streaked hair combined with fake nails and tans in my life. I felt like I was in a Los Angeles boutique. There were dudes in shiny shoes shouting into cell phones. Women comparing absolute crap in shopping bags. I had to look back outside to make sure there were still gray skies and I was indeed still in Eugene Oregon. I ran out and jumped in my car and made a right onto Coburg, and peeled onto my favorite road in town, the 126.

So I went to the Starbucks in Springfield. When I walked in, there were lo and behold some Oregonians. Guys in grubby work boots and sweatshirts, check. A couple students doing some homework nursing a cuppa, check. Not a bulging shopping bag nor a fake nail in sight. Aah. Much better.

*In all fairness, the name of this topic should be "Eugene or Springfield Starbucks?" but that would be too specific and require personal knowledge of the branches.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so...why didn't you simply get your coffee at teh cafe? cretin

Friday, September 22, 2006 4:43:00 PM  
Blogger FlagFreeEugene said...

They don't have pumpkin spice lattes. And pumpkin spice lattes make me happy. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, to satisfy herself.

Friday, September 22, 2006 4:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you afford that these days?

Friday, September 22, 2006 6:42:00 PM  
Blogger NedraZ said...

Hey FlagFree,

Thanks for visiting teh squeaky wheel & come again. You are a Gerbil if you want to be. Comments are always open & we usually run on teh wheel 24/7.

There are even gerbils there that live in Eugene & other parts of Oregon.

My earlier rants were directed at DEB-Bile. Sometimes she impersonates normal people. I was trying to set her off.

Have a good evening.

Friday, September 22, 2006 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger minteh said...

I second Rabbit's friendly
re-invite :)

Sunday, September 24, 2006 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger NedraZ said...

For those people living in Eugene:

Debbie Frisch is still on teh loose in Lane County. She had her 9-25-06 courtdate extended to Weds.

Since I last posted here, she has terrorized at least 2 more innocent bystanders...

She posted a man's name and another man's picture on various websites seeking their personal info.

She has called one California Fire Dept making false claims about a firefighter. Her various blogs have been shut down.

IF YOU SEE HER-DO NOT ENGAGE HER!

She is BATFRISCH crayzee.

Hopefully, she will soon be locked up in teh Lane County jail or in teh psych ward.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 4:21:00 AM  
Blogger FlagFreeEugene said...

Do you think she is one of the main flaggers on CL, rabbit? I tried to post my blog a few times over there and it was flagged immediately.
I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with me trying to have a blog where people can rant and rave without being edited.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger NedraZ said...

Yes, I do.
Judging by the ebonics and language, she was the one railing against the Ducks (dux sux) and calling people mofo. She will flag to get the readers all stirred up.This is the kind of craziness she likes- she has stated on other blogs that she wants to be the first "lefty" to actually be "martyred" by "right wingnuts".

There are people on our blog in deep cover that actually know her there in Eugene. She is physically described as "small,tiny but not thin". So she doesn't look scary.

I have been following this since the 4th of July weekend &have watched her erupt online in real time.

Her latest blog is http://psychosactohoser.blogspot.com this is the one trashing real firemen that have nothing to do with our blog. She is also on the craigslist in Sacramento slamming firemen.

But hopefully, they will put her in jail tomorrow. If not, Beware.

She really is crazy!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 2:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home